Scarborough Public Library
The mission of the Scarborough Public Library is to provide access to a broad and deep collection and high quality services that promote lifelong learning in a welcoming, community-centered facility.
The Scarborough Public Library will be an innovative leader in implementing a variety of strategies to bring knowledge and promote learning opportunities for people of all ages.
The Scarborough Public Library will:
- Be a vibrant spirited library that demands outstanding performance in all areas.
- Assist a broad population to access knowledge and information through diverse formats for both formal and independent education.
- Maintain a professional and highly skilled staff to assist with access to information and services.
- Use resources judiciously to provide a stimulating and welcoming atmosphere, and a variety of programs and spaces that serve as an anchor for the community.
- Serve as a proactive and courageous leader in the library community – keeping abreast of the latest technology while honoring and maintaining tradition.
- Engage and respectfully consult with community members to ensure that a broad population has a positive experience.