The Scarborough Public Library welcomes students after school who are attending one of our many youth programs, looking for a quiet place to do homework, or using library services. We offer the following reminders and suggestions and encourage you to share this information with your child.
- The Library is a public facility and should not be used as an alternative to afterschool care.
- Children under the age of 10 cannot be in the Library without the supervision of an adult.
- Library staff do not monitor the comings and goings of students in and out of the building. We require that students keep personal belongings with them at all times.
- If a student is exhibiting inappropriate behavior, he/she will be asked to leave the Library and its grounds.
- The Library is not responsibile for monitoring what a student acessess on his/her computer or mobile device.
- We close at 5:00 pm on Mondays and Fridays. Students must be picked up prior to that time as they cannot remain in the building and there is no protected area outside to wait on cold, snowy, or rainy days.
The Library is committed to working closely with school administrators and other community partners to create a safe, nurturing environment for students. We thank you for your help and cooperation in making this possible.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact Louise Capizzo, Youth Services Manager, at 396-6278 or lcapizzo [at] scarboroughlibrary.org or Nancy Crowell, Library Director, at 396-6266 or ncrowell [at] scarboroughlibrary.org